Monday, December 14

People Puppy Chow



(This was originally posted on Dec. 23, 2008 by me)
Hello everyone and welcome to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. My sister, Lisa, and I co-host this blog carnival. We share recipes, kitchen and cooking tips, restaurant reviews, and anything food related that you want to share. You know the rule of a blog carnival, please mention the blog or TMTT in your post and link back to us. Don't forget to use Mr. Linky, he is at Lisa's blog.(If your post was DELETED, go HERE for an explanation.)


Now... on for the fun! Today I'm posting a recipe of some goodies our family received a few days ago. We have only a little bit left- it is SO good! My sweet friend Becky made it. Don't let the name scare you.... you won't let your dog anywhere near this stuff because you'll be too busy eating it yourself!


People PUPPY CHOW

1 c. Creamy Peanut butter
1/2 c. Butter
1 (12 oz.) pkg. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 (12.3 oz.) box Rice or Corn CHEX-cereal
3 c. sifted Powdered Sugar

Melt together butter, choc. chips, and peanut butter over a medium-low heat. Put cereal in large pan or roasting pan and pour chocolate mixture over it, stirring until well coated. Put powdered sugar in large brown grocery bag or large container with lid. Pour in coated cereal and shake well. Cool in fridge.

Don't say I didn't warn you... you are going to be addicted!

Now, please have a Wonderful Christmas with your family and friends. Always remember the tiny baby whose birth we celebrate... the baby Jesus, the Savior of us All.




9 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love this stuff!!! We are packing up and coming, this morning. See y'all later.

Sonshine said...

I love this stuff! I am planning on making some during the holidays!

Thanks for sharing! Thanks for hosting! :)

Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

I make this too - so good. If you want to make it more festive you can use the red and green chocolate melts. It shows up under the powdered sugar and looks nice. Pastels for a baby shower, birthday colors...the possibilities are endless :)

Lana said...

Sarah... great tips! I never thought of that!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, what a great name. That is just too cute!

Merry Christmas and thanks again for the awesome prize last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darla said...

Love this stuff! So addictive.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm... I love puppy chow! In one of the youth groups that I led, one mom would make this for every youth event, without fail! Always something to look forward to.

Thanks for sharing, and have a blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Very fun recipe, I bet this would get gobbled up in seconds at my house!

Unknown said...

Isn't amazing what we come up with to please our taste buds:) Thanks for hosting TMTT. You should come post this to Merry Merry Munchies as well. I would love for you to join in Crock Pot Wednesday as well. Thanks again

Google