Monday, March 9

Sleezy Chicken


Welcome back. If you are new, this is the Tempt My Tummy Tuesday blog carnival. My twin sister, Lisa, and I co-host the fun. Please post a recipe, kitchen tip, fun food idea, or anything foodie related. From time to time, the carnival will be on my sister's blog. Make sure you visit her blog, as well to post your link.

From my favorite cookbook is a recipe that I have been making for a long time. I was recently asked by two people from my past to give them this recipe. It was at that point I realized, I have been making this recipe for a LONG time!

It actually has no name. It is part of a recipe called "Versatile Baked Chicken" There are 3 Variations and I choose the second. It is my most favorite, full of cheesy goodness. Since it has such a sad name "Variation 2" we began calling it "Cheesy Chicken" just so it didn't sound so sad. But in college... that "Cheesy Chicken" became "Sleezy Chicken" and thus it remains... my favorite chicken of all time...

Versatile Baked Chicken
Variation 2
"Sleezy Chicken"

8 boneless chicken breasts

Butter Mixture
1/2 cup butter
2 cloves garlic minced

Crumb Mixture
1/2 Italian bread crumbs
1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Melt butter and add garlic in a bowl
  • Combine all crumb mixture ingredients in another dish
  • Dip chicken into butter and then roll and thoroughly coat in crumb mixture
  • (At this point the chicken may be frozen for later baking)
  • Place chicken pieces in a large baking dish. Drizzle any remaining butter on top and sprinkle with any remaining crumbs.
  • Bake 45-60 minutes.
Yep, your gonna love this.





18 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

How funny. I actually made a sleezy version of center cut pork chops. So I paid homage to sleezy chicken with sleezy chop. There you have it, and it was a winner. Both Chris and Grace liked it.

SnoWhite said...

that sounds really good. we'll have to try it.

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious....I just need to figure out a way that I can eat great recipes like yours but not gain weight....hmmmm...still haven't thought of a way to do that!

Lana said...

OH Mary Beth... you can't worry about the weight when you are eating sleezy chicken, you just have to embrace it.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

The name is so funny, and the story sounds like something we'd do. Great recipe!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I love the name! And it looks so fatteningly delicious, I'll just have to try it!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Love the name! LOL! This sounds scrumptious!! :D Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

I make this without the cheddar. I think cheese is one of the basic food groups, however and will have to try this "variation!"

Brenda said...

This sounds so good and so easy!Thanks

Allison Crow Flanigin said...

Ok....I'm considering cooking because of this. i need to pay attention to your recipes more often. anything with sleazy gets my attention!

Kristen said...

Butter, bread crumbs and cheese? Goodness this sounds tasty!

Jenn said...

That sounds great. Easy, Cheesy, and Yummy. We may have to have some Sleezy Chicken soon! Cool name!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds delicious and easy. I'll have to break it down for 2 chicken breasts though.

Live.Love.Eat said...

You had me at sleezy!

Sarah said...

Yum and easy! Perfect :)

Michelle said...

You know just the name of this recipe drew me in. I love it! And it sounds so lovely, too! Thanks for sharing!

~LL~ said...

This sounds really good....might have to give it a shot!

SnoWhite said...

My hubby made your sleezy chicken today -- and it was delicious! Thanks so much for passing it along.

Google