Hi Everyone welcome to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. I hope you are having fun getting ready for Christmas at your house. We are finally taking a deep breath and enjoying this lovely season.
This week at Lisa's blog she has a great Tex-Mex casserole. So I thought I'd give you a layered mexican dip that we love. I took a double batch of this to a party last week and it was GONE in 15 minutes! Now that will make you feel good.
So here is a family favorite of ours.
7 Layered MexicanDip
2 cans of Frito Lay bean dip
1 container of Dean's guacamole dip ( you can also use avocados and salsa mixed together)
1 16 oz container of sour cream
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
2-3 roma tomatoes- diced
1 bunch of green onions - chopped
1 small can of sliced black olives
Here goes... this is SO Easy!!
In a 13x9 dish begin to layer the ingredients
1. spread the bean dip evenly on the bottom of the dish
2. layer the avacado dip next
3. mix the sour cream and taco seasoning in a bowl. Then layer it on top of the avadado
4. sprinkle the cheese as the next layer
5. sprinkle tomatoes over the cheese
6. sprinkle the green onions next
7. sprinke the black olives ( I never use all the olives... it is to taste)
There you have it! Serve with Tortilla chips or Frito Scoops. You will love it. I think it is best when it has set up over night.
Be sure to check out all the great recipes at Lisa's site!
Merry Christmas from my family to yours!