Friday, October 31
Monday, October 20
Hello everyone and welcome to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Glad to have you join us. My sister, Lisa, and I co-host this blog carnival. We share recipes, kitchen and cooking tips, and anything food related that you want to share. So, join the fun. Write your foodie post and then link back to our blogs, mentioning Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Don't forget to leave your link info at Lisa's blog with Mr. Linky.
Today is my ode to the childhood favorite... Chicken and Stars. Since I have a sick little one and Mommy isn't feeling too hot either, I am ever so grateful to this wonder of childhood illness, the miracle worker. Campbell's Chicken and Stars Soup.
This was dinner at our house tonight and I'm sure will be served a few more times in the next few days trying to get the 4 year old to eat.
I hope you have some foodie inspiration to leave for us today over at Lisa's. I promise to be a little more festive next week!
I hate that my sweet girl gets everything 10times worse than we do, so we get to see the doctor this afternoon.
I just thought I'd share our fun for the day. Oh... not to hold anything back from you, in the middle of the night she totally threw up all over me. Hardly any of it was on her, but me... I was COVERED!
Fun stuff. Parenting... not for the weak, that is for sure.
Saturday, October 18
I know for many of us we have had lost years. For me they were lost in the sense that I lost my way to the foot of the cross. I lost hope for a better tomorrow, but so many prayed for me through a very bad marriage. When I thought all hope was gone...He was there, my God ready to pick me up, hold me, surround me with love and most of all hope for a new and better tomorrow.
Even though every day is not perfect, He never promised perfection, My Lord just says, "I will be with you to make it through all your days, good and bad"
I know that to be so true.
Go to Amy's for some inspiration today...
Friday, October 10
When all else fails we cry out to You Oh Lord. Why is it that it takes so much for me to just stop and say... Lord I give it all to you...again. When I stop and call you by name Jesus, Lord, Savior, Provider, Keeper, Father...You are all those things to me. Thank you for always being right there just waiting for me to say your name... amen.
for musical inspiration go see Amy.
Monday, October 6
Today I bring you a memory. When I attended college in Brownwood, Texas at Howard Payne University. One of our favorite places to eat was a great home-style cookin' restaurant called "Pass the Biscuit" This was the place where I learned to LOVE fried pickles and where I learned to adore "Toll House Pie" So many of my friends worked there and it was more than a place to go and eat. It was a place to sit and visit and build relationships. This past weekend was Howard Payne Homecoming and I did not make it back, once again. So in honor of my Alma mater... Here is a favorite of mine and I am sure it will be yours too.
1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (thawed)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter, softened
1 cup Nestle Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
PREHEAT oven to 325˚ F
BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy.
BEAT in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
BEAT in butter.
STIR in morsels and nuts.
SPOON into pie shell.
PLACE on baking sheet.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Over at "As For Me & My House" It's Make a Happy Home Day. I'm going to take a moment and brag on my sweet husband. I'm not sure what bee got caught in his bonnet, but he got hit with the cleaning/organization bug last week and started cleaning out the closet in our home office.
I DO NOT have a picture of the before because honestly...it would have been too embarrassing! But he has been working his tail off organizing and throwing stuff away...which you have to know is CRAZY hard for him to do.
When I got home from singing at an event at church last night, that closet looked so good, he even moved a small book shelf in there to put all his techie books on.
So, Hubby, who I love dearly... thanks for helping to make our home...happy!
Now go see who else has a happy home today!
Sunday, October 5
It is from The Queen B blog.
It probably doesn't help that I watched "The Notebook" last night and then read this today. I'm still weepy from watching that last night.
Saturday, October 4
Wednesday, October 1
I figure I'll just answer it and share it with you all.
So here you go. I'd love for YOU to answer these and link back. Don't forget to leave a comment and a link to your answers.
1.What time did you get up this morning? 6:00am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds are a girls best friend....
3.What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Indiana Jones ( the last one)
4. What is your favorite TV show? The Office House or The Closer
5.What do you usually have for breakfast? Coffee
6. What is your middle name? Marie
7. What food do you dislike? chicken-n-dumplings
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Natalie Grant "Relentless"
9. What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Camry
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey with avocado
11.What characteristic do you despise? Disloyalty and lying
12. Favorite item of clothing? my red cotton shirt from Walmart
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Mediterranean Cruise
14. Favorite brand of clothing? hmm really hard to say
15. To where would you retire? somewhere where it's not quite so hot
16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? hmmm I really could not say... that is sad
17. Favorite sport to watch? 4 year olds playing soccer
18. Farthermost place you are sending this? Wisconsin
19.Person you expect to send it back first? SueBo
20. When is your birthday? December 17
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? mornight...does that work?
22. What is your shoe size? 10
23. Pets? Roscoe, he bites...me... he came with the husband
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I wish I did
26. How are you today? Tired - I worked, had a mammogram, worked, had 4 rehearsals and am finally home at 10pm
27. What is your favorite candy? KitKat
28. What is your favorite flower? Hydrangeas
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? November 2- my friend Becky Shaver is having a concert and I get to sing backup... and fun stuff like that
30. What is your favorite drink? Central Market Blood Orange Italian Soda
31. What are you listening to right now? TV in the distance - Kelly is playing Total War on his computer
32. What was the last thing you ate? A chocolate cupcake, it was awesome
33. Do you wish on stars? Not so much
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Midnight Blue
35. How is the weather right now? A nice, cool evening
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My Mom
37. Favorite restaurant? Posados
38. Real hair color? brown
39. What kind of books do you like to read? Hmmm Madeline, Amelia Bedelia, Good Night Moon... get the picture?
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbies
41. Summer or winter? WINTER!!!
42. Hugs or kisses? Hugs from Kathryn.
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
44. Coffee or tea? Coffee
45. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes!!
46. When was the last time you cried? Last week... I just had a total breakdown moment. It was needed for sure
47. What is under your bed? dust bunnies...
48. What did you do last night? blogged, facebook, watched Law & Order SVU.
49. Of what are you afraid? Too many things, actually
50. Salty or sweet? do I have to choose?
51. How many keys on your key ring? I have no idea
52. How many years at your current job? 1
53. Favorite day of the week? Thursday... I am off work
54. In how many towns have you lived? 3
55. Do you make friends easily? not really
56.How many people will you send this to? ???
57. How many will respond? ???