Monday, June 28

Best Brownies

Hi everyone! I actually had this ready to post last week and just plain forgot. I'm still trying to figure out how to juggle being the mom of two and wife to one. I also had a bad cold last week on top of it all. I'm so glad you all stopped by for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. It is great. I can't believe how many participants we have now. Be sure you are always linked up at Lisa's blog She is the BEST sister in the WORLD.

Last week I was craving chocoloate and actually had to make brownies from scratch! I know! Crazy thought! This recipe is great and we really enjoyed them. I hope you do too. It is from "Necessities and Temptations" one of my all time favorite cookbooks.


BEST BROWNIES
Ingredients


1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Melt butter and dissolve cocoa in the butter and set aside
Beat in flour, salt and vanilla
Add cocoa and butter to flour mixture.
Bake in a greased and floured 9x13 metal pan for 30-40 minutes
30 minutes for chewy brownines or 40 minutes for cake-like brownies.





1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looks great, and so easy!

My family has a never-ending debate on chewy vs. cake-like brownies, so it's good to have both options in the same recipe. Thanks!

Google