Thursday, November 6

my final election thoughts

This is a link I hope you take time to read. If you are one of those people who is questioning "how could any Christian have voted for Obama?" Then please read this. I hope it helps you to see things from another point of view, and frankly I think we all need to be a little more open to that.

If we vote our convictions that is what is important. And as my friend Liz pointed out so well a few days ago, stand up for those convictions when you feel you need to.

It doesn't matter now who I voted for, really it doesn't. I can tell you I prayed and thought harder about this election than any other. Maybe because we all seem to have so much at stake. My vote counted, but in the end... many others counted more.. and I am OK with that, because I am grateful to have a choice and the freedom to vote.

I am thankful this election is over and done and now we can more forward and begin to ask God, "how do I pray now Lord, what is next?" If you are discouraged and frustrated because your guy did not win, lets be hopeful and pray and by no means sit back and wait. If you feel strongly on an issue, do something about it.

I don't think we should be "political" once every four years. If you aren't happy, don't just complain, see what you can do to make change.

Let's pray that the change that is coming... begins in our hearts as we pray for our country and for all those who are leading it.



6 comments:

C said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, Lana. It has been a really awkward and challenging time. But I think you'll agree with me - it has caused me to grow more than I would have ever imagined.

Lana said...

amen to that...

Felicity said...

Amen Lana. The election was a big topic down here in Oz as well, which a huge Obama following and people getting very very passionate. Something I found very odd since this isn't America and secondly since no one seems to get THAT excited about our own elections!

I just pray that Obama does the best job he can do and that none of us ever forget that God has a plan.

xoxoxo

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Good post, sister! I am so glad you linked up to Christine.

You know, I was listening to Glen Beck, this morning. He had some really good points. He said that we all MUST support Obama, now, and wish the best for him. If we truly love our country, and call ourselves Americans, then we have to believe in democracy and how the votes turn out. Even when they don't turn out in our favor. That is what makes America great. We are a democracy and have that freedom to vote for anyone we choose.
I would hate for Republicans/conservatives to become hateful like many people did when Bush won. Remember all the people who truly hated Bush and would say, "Well, he is not MY president." That is wrong. If you live in America, he is your president. And Obama will be our president. Even if you didn't vote for him.

I thought that was all really good stuff to think about.

~LL~ said...

YOu are so right...and Lisa, you are right, too. I have some friends who are still so upset and can't understand why I'm not. All I can tell them is that #1, there is nothing, NOTHING I can do right now to change the results.
and #2, God commands us to pray for our leaders! I must be obedient and pray for the best for President-elect Obama.

And at the same time...WHAT EXCTITING TIMES WE LIVE IN!

Bohanon Family said...

Well said my friend. In the end the Lord still appoints the authority and it's our responsibility to pray.

The scripture that everyone was quoting BEFORE the election still holds true AFTER the election - 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

We don't stop praying just because we didn't get our way.

Google