Tuesday, November 4

Vote and Pray

If you have not already done so...get off your computer and go vote! It is important. It is important that we take advantage of the freedom we have to vote. It is important way to say thank you to all those men and women who have fought and given so much so that we can keep this right.

When we choose NOT to utilize the freedoms we have... who will fight for those freedoms to stay free?

I am not going to tell you who to vote for... I just ask that you wisely and prayerfully consider all your choices and VOTE. If you believe in and trust God, then you should be praying about your decision. I also think it is imperative that we allow everyone the right to vote their conscience... and NOT criticize or berate those who vote or feel differently.

I heard this the other day and it has stuck with me since then. If we trust God, and truly believe He is in control; then we must trust that no matter who wins...God knew it would happen that way and that ultimately it is part of His plan. He can choose to work through any and all people, even if we do not fully understand how and why. That is what makes Him God... and not me or you.

So... Go VOTE... and Pray... always.


4 comments:

Liz said...

I completely agree that God is in control, and I've heard that said a lot from Christians lately regarding this election. But while that is true, we must also discern that what happens is not always God's will. For example, God did not want the children of Israel to have a king, but they pleaded for one, and so they gave them over to their desires, with ultimately disatrous consequences. I told a friend recently, God was also in control when Nero, Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin were in power. Horrible things happened. I would just caution that because God is in control, does not mean he is pleased with what we, of our own free will, choose to do. I don't think that's what you're saying, but I wanted to add my two cents, as usual. =)

On another note, while I believe we should always remain civil when we disagree, I do believe we should speak up when we feel it's important. In other words, if a Christian is voting one way and I think it may be because they are not considering all the sides, I will speak up, to make sure they make a completely informed decision. What they do with the information I give them is between them and God, but I would be remiss not to say anything.

What I take from "God is in control" is that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood. Bad things may happen as a result of our poor choices, but He WILL emerge victorious in the end! AMEN!

Lana said...

yes... to all the above. Thanks Liz... I always appreciate the thoughtfulness of your comments.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

My friend, Keith, emailed me this thought, tonight.

"Tomorrow, when we wake up and find out who won (or whenever we find out), we should remember that God wont be surprised by the results."

As Liz stated, it may not mean that this is God's will, but, He is our God and in control and He is not surprised by ANYTHING.

Mindy said...

Just found you blog today through a couple of links, and I just wanted to say I really enjoyed visiting.

Google