Thursday, December 4

Jesus and the alligator

I guess it is finally feeling like Christmas today. I made my first batch of Christmas Crunch. Susan posted it for TMTT this week. For me it is one of the first signs that Santa is working hard getting ready for the big day.

We also made Haystacks. Ummm... I will post that wonderful recipe for TMTT next week.

I also know it is the season we remember baby Jesus because two days ago my daughter made up a new game she was playing with her daddy. It was called, "Away in a Manger"
Let me set the scene.

I am upstairs working on my TMTT post when I hear yelling and running and screaming downstairs. I know my husband is with her so I'm not too worried about the yelling as it must be part of some silly game. Then I hear her scream at the top of her lungs, "Quick get baby Jesus before the alligator eats him! Throw me baby Jesus and let the alligator chew on you"

Uhuh, you read that right, alligator and baby Jesus in the same sentence.

So at this point I have to go see what is going on. I walk out of the office and the house is completely dark. They are running in circles through the kitchen and den. I finally ask, "what are you doing??

This is what I was told by my husband. " I am Joseph, Kathryn (the 4 year old) is Mary, Mimi(her favorite bunny) is baby Jesus. We are being chased by an alligator through the forest and we can not stop because there is No room for us in the House." Apparently Joseph gets sacrificed if the alligator gets too close to the Jesus.
Are you getting this people? Kathryn yelled upstairs at that time and said, "were playing Away in a manger Mom"

How funny is that? What an imagination. I love it! I hope you enjoy your preparations for Christmas just as much as we do in our home.



8 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I just laughed so hard, well, you know.....I justed twittered the link to this post. I hope people will come over and read it!! Oh, I am attaching a link to my Grace's Style Tip Friday. I love KR.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is too cute! What fun!

Bohanon Family said...

Oh my gracious this is HYSTERICAL! Brooke does not like Jeff's car and the other day she wanted to "email it back"! :) Kids... they really do say the darndest things!

Anonymous said...

Aww! That is too funny! Gotta love kids and their amazing imaginations!

~LL~ said...

That is SO funny!

My 5 year old went into "big" church with me the other day (instead of Kid's Church.)

We have 2 LARGE screens, on either side of the stage. As we were leaving, he said to me, "I really liked the Jesus show!"

Corrine said...

very very cute! love the imagination, love the game!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

I love the games that little children come up with. It just goes to show you that she really is thinking about the Christmas story. :)

I linked this up in Things to Write Home About.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Awww the sweet innocent minds of children and the blessings of a happy family. It's great that your husband likes to play along with her. How neat!

Google