It always starts with a question... like these:
- Mommy, how DOES God hold everything in His hands?
- Mommy, when does God sleep?
- Doesn't He get tired? If He sleeps, will we fall out of his hands?
- Does Katy Fish know how sorry I am that I dropped her and are you sure God is remembering to feed her?
- How did God make us out of dirt and why did he use dirt? Doesn't He know it is dirty?
- Did God forget about me because everyone else has a brother or a sister? Can we ask God to remember to send us one of those?
All deep thoughts right? But my favorite is this question:
- Mommy, how does Jesus get into my heart?
- Mommy, will I get to go to heaven one day and see Jesus?
Thank you Lord for letting me have these little moments to share truth with my daughter.
Please let me always listen for an opportunity to lead her to You. Help me to slow down and not miss it. I pray that her heart will always be soft and yearn to learn more about You and your home heaven, and most of all dear Lord, I pray that at a very early age she will have true understanding and ask you into her heart... to stay... amen